The program to protect the environment
from the Mediterranean hotels
IN MEDITERRANEAN GROUP OWNS THE FOLLOWING HOTELS
Mediterranean Village 5* – PARALIA KATERINI
Mediterranean Princess 4* – PARALIA KATERINI
Mediterranean Resort 4* – PARALIA KATERINI
Mediterranean Olympus 4* – LITCHORO PIERIA
The Management and the staff of Mediterranean Hotels tries day to day to contain significantly the impact of our daily activities to the environment. We would appreciate if you contribute to the effort of Mediterranean Hotels to keep the Mediterranean clear and protect the limited sources of water and energy, for the next generations benefit.
The Management and the staff of Mediterranean Hotels know that there are more ways of preservation for the environment. We keep refreshing our environmental policy and we embrace every new motion that can effectively help to the protection of our planet. With joy and honor we salute your contribution to this try.
To The Group Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera, works Organised Plant Conservation Department with qualified technicians, company officials, who continually updated and trained on new technologies. The result of this decision is smooth and under constant supervision function intensive or not systems of our hotels in order to reduce the impact of the operation of our hotels on the environment. In this direction, the Group Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera, by decision of the President of Mrs. Xyptera Evaggelia, symbolically has designated as responsible Environmental Management Group issues, responsible management of the “Blue Flag” and “Green Key” the foreman of Department of Conservation Group Mediterranean Hotels. In the Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera, occurs an organized Environmental Action Plan, in areas that are developed to the following “Organized Environmental Action Plan” of the Group.
The present text is signature as an absolute commitment of the Management Group for continuous improvement of our actions that aim at protecting the environment, the ecosystem, land of the Olympian Gods, land borrow it from our children and we must deliver on them .
The President of Mediterranean Hotels
- To reduce possible emission of pollution into the atmosphere, the hotel Mediterranean Village, moves to serve our customers and the transportation of our goods is done by electric cars type Golf Cars, while movements of the maintenance department employees are made by bikes.
- In all the hotels of the Group there is comfortable space of guarded parking, to avoid unnecessary vehicle movements.
- We always recommend to our customers to use the bicycle rental service for their short breaks to avoid the use of a car.
- There is a try to take advantage at maximum of mild forms of energy. The result of this effort was almost zero oil consumption today in the Group’s hotels. Used for cooling and heating new type air conditioners and heat pumps, propane washing machines and dryers, solar energy and heat pumps in hot water, propane furnaces and hearths in the kitchens. We attempt to automate the majority of these systems and continuous management and control of an automated central system.
- There were used minimally in the construction of buildings amounts of asbestos, which during the renovations are also removed .
- For the maintenance of the gardens of our hotel complexes, there is an effort to complete absence of pesticides and other chemical enhancers.
- The variety of turf accommodation Mediterranean Village and Mediterranean Princess is such that it requires the use of herbicides and fungicides drugs. The weed removal is done by manually manner when required.
- The green maintenance is done using only organic fertilizers to avoid the presence of heavy metals in the water table underground.
- In hotels Mediterranean Village and Mediterranean Princess connection with force mains to the central municipality sewage pipeline and by extension to the main Organic Cleansing Municipality of Katerini in Pieria Variko. At the Hotels Mediterranean Resort and Mediterranean Olympus there is a direct connection with the Municipal sewage pipeline.
- The colors used for the painting of the rooms of customers and in public areas of our hotels are not classified as dangerous according to Directive 1999/45 / EC and its amendments.
- Automatic dosing of detergents and chemicals at all dishwashers, glasses and linens, as not large amounts of these are consumed.
- Prompt to our customers with messages in each room using “friendly” friendly toiletries and if possible in small quantities. The use of shampoos in showers of beach is forbidden .
- For better planning of our activities and in collaboration with University Units from all over Greece in a research program, a complete weather station is installed in a building of the complex Mediterranean Village, providing daily data on sunshine, rainfall, humidity and temperature while monitoring shifting the coastline, the wave height etc.
- On the shore of approximately 750 meters of the hotel Mediterranean Village and the beach that serves the hotels Mediterranean Resort and Mediterranean Princess, there are many varieties of fish. It is characteristic that the results of measurements of the Coast Mediterranean Village and the Coast Municipality of Katerini, the results of the analyzes in recent years, ranked the first class purity of the water, rewarding for 2014 these shores with the “Blue Flag”.
- Organization coast Cleanup from the hotel staff within the award with “Blue Flag” and encourage our customers.
- Daily cleaning of the award winning Blue Flag Coast Mediterranean Village and coast serving the hotel Mediterranean Princess during the bathing season by qualified personnel and with similar machines.
- Cooperation with the largest companies in the industry for supplying detergent Housekeeping, kitchen, dishwasher and washing machine. Selection of certified green products.
- Thorough check receipts feed materials from organized department FB and explicit verbal commands to the kitchen staff of our hotels.
- Daily frequent and meticulous waste collection with an emphasis on recycling. Keeping daily quantities kitchen waste in Mediterranean Village hotel in a special cooling chamber.
- Monthly chemical and microbiological control of drinking water in the Mediterranean Village hotels and Mediterranean Princess and annual monitoring microbiological detection of legionella in water all of our hotels.
- Automatic chlorination of drinking water volumetric chlorinators in the hotels Mediterranean Village and Mediterranean Princess. Dosing chlorinator in Hotel Mediterranean Resort.
- Thorough cleaning of the filters of our air conditioning units and filters of ventilation units.
- Periodic deworming program and control rodents and weekly monitoring by specialized certified partner company. Recordkeeping insect vermin control. Issue of a certificate from the certified partner company.
- Establish three daily checks and cleaning the water of swimming pools of the Hotels of the Group by qualified personnel of the Group’s maintenance department during the bathing season. Check PH and residual chlorine test-kits and periodic inspection by e photometric system by the Group. Electronic record keeping of the results of the measurements.
- Use of the minimum of chemicals in swimming pools . Use certified chemical chlorination and disinfection by recognized European Companies. Keeping electronic chemical utilization file.
- Daily and frequent cleaning coast summer hotels Mediterranean Village (Blue Flag 2014) and Mediterranean Princess, by qualified personnel and with suitable equipment.
- To expand and strengthen the existing natural environment in the hotels Mediterranean Village and Mediterranean Princess, were planted trees, shrubby, seasonal plants and large turf surfaces.
- Among others, there are approximately 250 and maintained rooted trees in Hotel Mediterranean Village, 550 trees Leyland, 180 lemon trees, 450 arbutus, 200 shrubby angelic and a total of about 60 Palm Trees in the hotels Mediterranean Village and Mediterranean Princess.
- The green maintenance is the work of the Group organized Maintenance Department Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera.
- Full respect for the preservation of animal wealth of the region and hundreds of birds feeding and enjoy the flora of the Group assemblies.
- Working with local organizations and associations my services for the protection and management of stray animals in the area.
- Prompt to our clients daily to visit the Park of Olympus and contact with unlimited natural wealth of the mythical mountain.
- We check as we can our supplying companies that do not experiment in the production of their products on animals or use other unacceptable ways and practices.
- Within the gardens of the hotel complexes Group Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera selected plants resistant to drought, thus requiring relatively small amounts of water to maintain. Automatic watering with minimal water consumption, always in the evening
- Attemption to reduce the use of water consumption with messages to our customers and continuing education and encouragement to the staff and with automation where possible (inverters etc.)
- Encourage our customers to use the shower and not full baths, consuming much greater amount of water.
- Clear spoken instructions to the kitchen staff and bar use of dishwashers and glass washers only by placing on them the maximum amount of utensils. Simultaneously fitting texting on machines.
- Clear spoken instructions to laundry staff for use of laundry linen with only placing in them the maximum quantity of linen. Simultaneously fitting texting on machines
- Clear spoken instructions to the housekeeping staff to use the least possible amount of water when cleaning customer rooms and public areas.
- Change of towels and linen of our customers with the system “wash on demand”. Special messages in the guest room.
- The cisterns in the toilets of the rooms are configured to consume the minimum amount of water required.
- In public toilets hotels of Mediterranean Village and Mediterranean Princess, positioning photocells taps to minimum water consumption.
- Monthly recording of energy consumption in the Group’s hotels and electronic record keeping, by reducing consumption per night.
- Attempt to exploit to the maximum possible energy offered by the sun. Networks solar panels have been installed in all hotels of the Group with a view to maximum exploitation of free energy offers us in hot water.
- In the context of energy saving in hotels Mediterranean Princess, Mediterranean Resort and Mediterranean Olympus, replacing entirely of hot water production plants, by placing the latter type of heat pump performance 1: 4 concentration of hot water in triple energy boilers in order to fully exploit solar energy. Achieved dramatic decrease (almost zero) of oil consumption. At the same time exploiting the opportunities provided by our modern technology in relation to recycling of hot air expelled from cooling units for heating hot water etc.
- insulating windows have been used, synthetic PVC in the hotels Mediterranean Village, Mediterranean Princess and Mediterranean Olympus, and aluminum in Hotel Mediterranean Resort, all made with recyclable materials and insulating double glazing section 4-15-5.
- In more than 90% have been used for lighting energy saving lamp led, modern technology.
- in enclosed public places and public toilets used photocells to activate lighting.
- For maximum economy, the management of foreign and part of interior lighting in hotels and Mediterranean Village Mediterranean Princess is a modern BUS system while the hotels Mediterranean Resort and Mediterranean Olympus done with timers.
- Smart power switches that are activated by RF technology card system fitted on hotels Mediterranean Village and Mediterranean Princess, while in two other hotels of the Group, the activation switch is a magnetic contact. With the above avoids the use of electricity when the customer is not in the room.
- Attempting to use machines energy efficient refrigerators and freezers of hotels Group.
- In recent months, the Group’s Maintenance Department Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera and unconditional consent and encouragement of the Group’s investing financial and human resources in this direction is in progress experimental interconnection effort of all intensive systems Hotels Group, lighting, air conditioning, domestic hot water, the operation of swimming pools with modern BUS system and platforms ARDUINO a server and handled electronically and automatically compared with the weather, the outdoor temperature, the external conditions lighting, the fullness of our hotels and the needs of our customers. We aim to drastically reduce energy consumption in the coming years.
- Participation of Group Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera and provide all possible assistance to the effort of teachers of elementary school Beaches awareness of small primary school students in environmental protection within the European COMENIUS program. Organized by the closing ceremony of the Greek participation in the program, entitled “WITH A SHIP ONE OLIVE AND A VINEYARD” in Mediterranean Village site in Katerini Beach.
- The Group Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera, for the third consecutive year, is sponsored in organizing sailing regattas titled CHRISTMAS CUP held for 20 consecutive years by the GROUP OF FRIENDS THALLASIS THESSALONIKI. At competitions attended by around 150 athletes aged 7-18 years with racing Sailboats their type Optimist, Laser and 470. The games were held in the Yacht Club facilities Katerini in space from 26 to 29 December 2013, while the accommodation of athletes and actors was in the hotels of the Group Mediterranean. On the initiative of the Group Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera, in the program of the games joined and events program aimed at raising awareness of the athletes on environmental issues. In the context of competitions, events were held in relation to the natural beauty of the area, basic instructions and actions to protect the coast, basic instructions for protection of space practicing sports and fighting, namely the Sea and wealth provides us, voluntary cleanup Coast of Mediterranean small athletes and coaches.
- The Group Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera, in response to the call of EEPF participated in the program «BIG HOLLIDAY CLEAN» in July of 2014.
- This year the GTO was the official sponsor of the ecological Action Make Holidays Greener, organized by the nonprofit Travel Foundation, whose members are the leading Tour Operators of M. Britain. The aim of the Travel Foundation is to establish a sustainable tourism environmentally respectful model and local communities, while theme this action was the beach clean up around the world, entitled Big Holiday Beach Clean Up. The program was organized voluntary cleanup of the beach from hotel guests along with the staff. Placed at the entrance of the hotel and restaurant posters of the program and the actions proposed by the reception on arrival of customers at the hotel. Printed and distributed to guests of the 1000 program promotion leaflets.
- The program “Big Holiday Beach Clean Up” has organized in July 2014 photo contest on “Coast Mediterranean”. To The competition could take place the Group’s customers, the prize was agree hotel accommodation Mediterranean Village – 5 stars. The aim was to raise awareness of our customers through better visibility of the program Big Holiday Beach Clean Up. Attended by around 100 photos in the competition and the jury was composed of the Chairman of the Group Mr. Basil Lambrou and managers of our hotels, decided for the best shot.
- At the end of July 2014 took place a voluntary cleanup of the Mediterranean Coast of the hotel staff Mediterranean Village. Used and all mechanical cleaning coast on the property. Attended by around 100 employees of the Group, including the Director of the hotel Mediterranean Village. The purpose of the event was to show to guests of the Group’s effort to keep the beach clean to sensitize their customers in this respect. For this reason the event was held on this moment and time (11:00 am) that the beach was crowded. This action will be repeated more regularly, perhaps with better visibility to customers in a call for voluntary participation in this action and giving a character and happening.
- Along with the oral verbal instructions given daily by the Group’s management Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera to rational use of water, energy and chemicals, hygiene and recycling issues. The Group has planned for the 2015 presentation of these issues at a concentration of all Group employees on the occasion of the start of the summer season. Simultaneously within the program “Blue Flags” will prompt employees to the Group to organize voluntary cleaning the coast Mediterranean Village.