The program to protect the environment from the Mediterranean hotels
IN MEDITERRANEAN GROUP OWNS THE FOLLOWING HOTELS
Mediterranean Village 5* – PARALIA KATERINI
Mediterranean Princess 4* – PARALIA KATERINI
Mediterranean Resort 4* – PARALIA KATERINI
Mediterranean Olympus 4* – LITCHORO PIERIA
The Management and the staff of Mediterranean Hotels tries day to day to contain significantly the impact of our daily activities to the environment. We would appreciate if you contribute to the effort of Mediterranean Hotels to keep the Mediterranean clear and protect the limited sources of water and energy, for the next generations benefit.
The Management and the staff of Mediterranean Hotels know that there are more ways of preservation for the environment. We keep refreshing our environmental policy and we embrace every new motion that can effectively help to the protection of our planet. With joy and honor we salute your contribution to this try.
To The Group Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera, works Organised Plant Conservation Department with qualified technicians, company officials, who continually updated and trained on new technologies. The result of this decision is smooth and under constant supervision function intensive or not systems of our hotels in order to reduce the impact of the operation of our hotels on the environment. In this direction, the Group Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera, by decision of the President of Mr. Vassilis Lambrou, symbolically has designated as responsible Environmental Management Group issues, responsible management of the “Blue Flag” and “Green Key” the foreman of Department of Conservation Group Mediterranean Hotels. In the Mediterranean Hotels – Pieria, Olympus Riviera, occurs an organized Environmental Action Plan, in areas that are developed to the following “Organized Environmental Action Plan” of the Group.
The present text is signature as an absolute commitment of the Management Group for continuous improvement of our actions that aim at protecting the environment, the ecosystem, land of the Olympian Gods, land borrow it from our children and we must deliver on them .
The President of Mediterranean Hotels
- To reduce possible emission of pollution into the atmosphere, the hotel Mediterranean Village, moves to serve our customers and the transportation of our goods is done by electric cars type Golf Cars, while movements of the maintenance department employees are made by bikes.
- In all the hotels of the Group there is comfortable space of guarded parking, to avoid unnecessary vehicle movements.
- We always recommend to our customers to use the bicycle rental service for their short breaks to avoid the use of a car.
- There is a try to take advantage at maximum of mild forms of energy. The result of this effort was almost zero oil consumption today in the Group’s hotels. Used for cooling and heating new type air conditioners and heat pumps, propane washing machines and dryers, solar energy and heat pumps in hot water, propane furnaces and hearths in the kitchens. We attempt to automate the majority of these systems and continuous management and control of an automated central system.
- There were used minimally in the construction of buildings amounts of asbestos, which during the renovations are also removed .
- For the maintenance of the gardens of our hotel complexes, there is an effort to complete absence of pesticides and other chemical enhancers.
- The variety of turf accommodation Mediterranean Village and Mediterranean Princess is such that it requires the use of herbicides and fungicides drugs. The weed removal is done by manually manner when required.
- The green maintenance is done using only organic fertilizers to avoid the presence of heavy metals in the water table underground.
- In hotels Mediterranean Village and Mediterranean Princess connection with force mains to the central municipality sewage pipeline and by extension to the main Organic Cleansing Municipality of Katerini in Pieria Variko. At the Hotels Mediterranean Resort and Mediterranean Olympus there is a direct connection with the Municipal sewage pipeline.
- The colors used for the painting of the rooms of customers and in public areas of our hotels are not classified as dangerous according to Directive 1999/45 / EC and its amendments.
- Automatic dosing of detergents and chemicals at all dishwashers, glasses and linens, as not large amounts of these are consumed.
- Prompt to our customers with messages in each room using “friendly” friendly toiletries and if possible in small quantities. The use of shampoos in showers of beach is forbidden .